Home ShaderMap 4

Default 'session' Load Problem

edited June 2019 in ShaderMap 4

Hi, when I launch SM (4.2.3 but it was also present in 4.2.2) and open an albedo texture (no matter via drag'n drop or loading via 'open file' I almost everytime get this situation of the normal map process being stuck and I have to kill the application via ctrl+alt+del. Can you do something about that?

Comments

• It's in a PRO version.

• RSIRSI
    edited June 2019

Wow, look at that High Value in the Normal Map settings. Perhaps the saved property file has been corrupted.

I recommend navigating to this folder: "C:\Users\ YOUR_USERNAME \AppData\Roaming\SM4_2\node_prop"

This is where saved node property files are stored. Find the file "map_disp_to_norm_3.smp.prop" and delete it. See if this clears up your problem.

[EDIT] I recommend you delete all the files in this folder and don't use the save node properties controls until this issue is resolved in 4.2.4. See my comment below

Best regards,
    Neil

• RSIRSI
    edited June 2019

It looks like there is an issue with saving / loading / resetting property values. I will investigate this problem and issue a fix this coming week. Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention.

All the best,
    Neil

• edited June 2019
    Thank you! I’ll look at it in the evening!

The app saves me hours of tweaking while preparing PBR materials, thank you!
  • Version 4.2.4 has been released to fix this issue. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

All the best,
    Neil