Home ShaderMap Legacy

How to Make a Seamless Pattern?

Hi,

I just started to work with ShaderMap 3.
I would like to know how to make a seamless pattern from 3d maps generated in ShaderMap .

Thank you,
Gregory

Comments

• GregoryA wrote:
    I would like to know how to make a seamless pattern from 3d maps generated in ShaderMap.

Hi Gregory,

ShaderMap does not (yet) provide a seamless pattern generator.

It does allow you to generate maps from already seamless textures. To ensure maps generated from seamless source images remain tile-able you should select the "Tile Type" in the Source Map properties.

We are considering adding a seamless map generator to a future version ShaderMap.
  • RSI wrote:
    GregoryA wrote:
    I would like to know how to make a seamless pattern from 3d maps generated in ShaderMap.

Hi Gregory,

ShaderMap does not (yet) provide a seamless pattern generator.

It does allow you to generate maps from already seamless textures. To ensure maps generated from seamless source images remain tile-able you should select the "Tile Type" in the Source Map properties.

We are considering adding a seamless map generator to a future version ShaderMap.
    Great, I will try.
     Your program has a very useful feature - option to generate normal map from the set of photos (light from up, down, left, right). I consider it like a real normal map vs normal maps generated from one photo. Thank you!
  • you are going to have to fix that in gimp or photoshop as best as possible.