Home ShaderMap Legacy

New ShaderMap 3 Forum

The ShaderMap 2 forum has been moved to the Legacy Support section.

Post questions, comments, and get support for ShaderMap 3 here.

Comments

• Congrats for the release of v3!
  • Ultrahead wrote:
    Congrats for the release of v3!

• Am I doing something wrong or are the Normal inverts backwards in this version?  Black is still deeper, and White is higher correct?

When I choose Invert I get the reverse on the Normals I would expect.

The image is a simple Black Text on White Background imported initially as a Color Diffuse.
  • Cricky wrote:
    Am I doing something wrong or are the Normal inverts backwards in this version?  Black is still deeper, and White is higher correct?

The image is a simple Black Text on White Background imported initially as a Color Diffuse.

You are correct, Black is low and White is high.

Are you choosing to invert the Displacement map or the Normal map? Inverting the Displacement Map will cause the negative of all gray scale pixels. Inverting the Normal Map causes the X and Y components to be multiplied by -1.

In the Normal Map, I think Invert should probably be changed to Invert Input rather than just flipping X and Y.

You should be able to apply a Pre Filter Invert to the Normal Map and get the a correct result however it appears this is not functioning at the moment. I added this to the bug list and it should be fixed in 3.0.2.
  • RSI wrote:
    Cricky wrote:
    Am I doing something wrong or are the Normal inverts backwards in this version?  Black is still deeper, and White is higher correct?

You are correct, Black is low and White is high.

Are you choosing to invert the Displacement map or the Normal map? Inverting the Displacement Map will cause the negative of all gray scale pixels. Inverting the Normal Map causes the X and Y components to be multiplied by -1.

In the Normal Map, I think Invert should probably be changed to Invert Input rather than just flipping X and Y.

You should be able to apply a Pre Filter Invert to the Normal Map and get the a correct result however it appears this is not functioning at the moment. I added this to the bug list and it should be fixed in 3.0.2.

Thanks for responding...  I was waiting for an email telling me there was a response, but it never came.  Could have sworn I subscribed for that option; perhaps not. 

Another issue seems "wrong"  The application of the maps appear correct with conditions already addressed except the "Cylinder". 

When applied to the Cylinder as a preview, the Text used as part of the map. is actually "mirrored" and shows as if looking at it from the back of the mirror, to be more expletive.  
  • Thanks for responding...  I was waiting for an email telling me there was a response, but it never came.  Could have sworn I subscribed for that option; perhaps not. 

Yeah, I'm not sure why that feature doesn't seem to be working. I'll look into the forum settings and see if I can fix it.

When applied to the Cylinder as a preview, the Text used as part of the map. is actually "mirrored" and shows as if looking at it from the back of the mirror, to be more expletive.  

Good Find. Will be fixed in next release. Thanks :)