Home ShaderMap Legacy

ShaderMap 2.0.7 Crash Report

Neil - FYI & FWIW

Win7 Pro - 64-bit (RAM 8GB)
GTX 660 SC (2GB)

Three saved projects now refuse to open and cause ShaderMap v2.0.7 to crash. Other saved projects from the numerous tests today still open without issue, but these three just now suddenly won't - all three zipped together in smap crashers.zip in case you want to do a postmortem.

Kelly

Comments

• Add another to the list.
  • In the first three it seems the source file is not embedded into the .smap file. I can probably track that issue down and fix it.

The second .smap project you submitted does not seem to be a valid archive at all. That will be more difficult to track as the file just seems to be corrupt.

Thanks for reporting the crash and files.
  • Thank you for the quick response Neil.And another one.
  • Kelly wrote:
    Thank you for the quick response Neil.And another one.

Found and fixed the bug.

It is happening when a 16 bit map is locked. When the project is saved, that map is saved inside the project as a binary file. The loader of that binary file was reading information out of order.

I may recompile 2.0.7 with this fix and post it. Will keep you posted.
  • Brilliant sleuthing!

Thanks very much.
  • I have attached a zip file with new OPTX DLL files. This should fix the locked maps crash. Please follow the instructions located in the "Read Me.txt" file.

If this solves your loading problem then I will recompile the 2.0.7 installer and update it on the website.
  • That did the trick! I was able to open without issue the (formerly troubled) ShaderMap projects which contain a locked 16-bit map.

You da' man!

Thanks again for fixing this so quickly.

Having already replaced the dll, would there be any reason for me to download the imminent recompiled 2.0.7?
  • Kelly wrote:
    Having already replaced the dll, would there be any reason for me to download the imminent recompiled 2.0.7?

Glad that worked. :cool:

No need to download the recompiled 2.0.7.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.
  • uh... one slight issue seems to have happened - I can't save my maps!

EDIT: If I open an existing project, the BAT and ALL options are grayed out
    If I select one map, I can then save it individually, which then allows exporting of ALL.
  • Kelly wrote:
    uh... one slight issue seems to have happened - I can't save my maps!

EDIT: If I open an existing project, the BAT and ALL options are grayed out
    If I select one map, I can then save it individually, which then allows exporting of ALL.

Ah, for some reason SM2 is not loading the map export settings from the project file. Will look into this ASAP.
  • Oh - and the BAT option remains grayed out too.
  • Kelly wrote:
    Oh - and the BAT option remains grayed out too.

Yep. I see that. There was a missing function call (update_save_all_and_batch_buttons()) at the end of the load project function. Whoops!

I'm recompiling at the moment. Will rebuild the installers and update the website with it. You will need to download it and reinstall to get the changes this time.

I'll post again when it is available.
  • You may now log in and download the installer. The button issue when loading saved projects should be resolved.

Thanks again Kelly! :cool:
  • Thanks Neil. I'll download it immediately.

I very much appreciate your responsiveness and unparalleled support.

Kind regards,

Kelly