Home ShaderMap Legacy

Not Loading on Windows 7 64 bit, nVidia Quadro FX580

I can not open the program. It gives me back the following messages:

XML Parse Error: Failed to load cube from reusorce for cube texture node.
File: 0.standard.xml : (56)

XML Parse Error: Failed to load image from file for image texture node.
File: 2.cel.xml : (51)

Failed to reset the device with Reset().

Failed to inizialize the material files. Exiting application.

Comments

• antolc75 wrote:
    XML Parse Error: Failed to load cube from reusorce for cube texture node.
    File: 0.standard.xml : (56)

This first error is happening because the Direct3D function D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemoryEx() is failing to load a DDS cube texture from memory.
    antolc75 wrote:
    XML Parse Error: Failed to load image from file for image texture node.
    File: 2.cel.xml : (51)

This second error is happening because the Direct3D function D3DXCreateTextureFromFileExW() is failing to load a PNG texture file from the application res directory.

There are a number of reasons that these problems could be occurring, the most likely is your system configuration. You should make sure to run the Direct3D web installer included with SM2 also you should make sure to install the latest drivers for your nVidia graphics card.

If you are sure your system is up-to-date and that you have all the necessary Direct3D DLL files installed on your system but are still having the loading errors you can try the following...

Locate the file "[Drive]:\Program Files\ShaderMap 2\plugins\materials\0.standard.xml". Make a copy of it and rename it "0.standard.xml.old" so you have a backup. Now open the file "0.standard.xml" in notepad.exe or another text editor.

Locate and delete the following 2 lines then save the file.
    <texture type="cube" name="Reflection Map" file="env_0.dds" fx_name="g_cube_texture_0" is_checkbox="0" />
    <texture type="cube" name="Reflection Map" file="env_1.dds" fx_name="g_cube_texture_1" is_checkbox="0" />

This will cause the material to be loaded without reflection maps. It should still work as reflection maps are not enabled in the material by default.

Locate the file "2.cel.xml" in the same directory as the other. Rename it to "2.cel.xml.old". This will cause the cel shading material to not be loaded at run-time thus avoiding the error.

Let me know how things work out for you.

Neil
  • I tried to edit these files. Remain the third and fourth error.
    I have Directx 11 and when i try to install the version 9c, it writes to me that there is already a newer version.
    Now I try to update the video card drivers, but I know it was late.
  • Use the Web Installer found here to update all your Direct3D files.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

It will not write over your DirectX 11 files.

Without these files installed I cannot guarantee that your SM2 will run on your system. Even though you may have a newer version of Direct3D it may be missing files required by ShaderMap.
  • I install it, but the program still does not work.
  • antolc75 wrote:
    I install it, but the program still does not work.

At this point I would suggest you do the following:
    1. Uninstall SM2 from your system
    2. Locate and delete the following folder "[ROOT DRIVE]:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SM2"
    3. Re-download the installer from http://shadermap.com/downloads/
    4. Re-install SM2
  • I have tried to do this suggested, but the errors remain the same initials.
  • antolc75 wrote:
    I have tried to do this suggested, but the errors remain the same initials.

Thanks for your help in trying to track down this bug. Unfortunately, there is not much more I can do to assist you in this matter. ShaderMap 2 has been tested working on many systems running Windows 7 x64 using nVidia cards as old as the 5700. This is the first time we are encountering this error from a user.

If you are a ShaderMap customer and have purchased an SM2 license please contact me at the support email (support [at] shadermap.com) I'll send you a refund.