Home ShaderMap Legacy

Not Loading in Win 8 Pro 64 bit

Someone having problem to load SM2 in windows 8 Pro 64 bits? I got an error message (0X000007b) when try to open the software...

Comments

• Hi GKDantas,

We are waiting for our new Win 8 64 bit machines to arrive. Until they get here we are not officially supporting Windows 8 - Should be any day now.

Has anyone gotten SM2 to work on Windows 8 or seen the error GKDantas is describing?
  • SM2 is working fine on my windows 8 system. No errors as of yet.

forgot to mention: x64, i7
  • It might be that you need to install the older .net frameworks (it's the only custom thing I can think of off hand that I installed on a basic windows 8 - and sm2 is working fine).

To do so go into programs and features and choose to add/remove windows features.

In there, you'll find .net 3.5 (which actually says it installs all the .nets).

I realise the sm2 installer only mentions the vsc++ 05/08 and directx9 redists, but maybe it's a windows 8 thing.

Chief :)
  • I just set up my Windows 8 PC with an X64 CPU. The first thing I did was to install SM2 from the website. I didn't update the computer, install .NET runtimes, or anything special.

After the SM2 install I made sure to install the VC++ runtimes and update DirectX using the included (with SM2) installers. Everything worked great, no problems at all.

@GKDantas - What graphics hardware do you have installed on your machine?

--

Thanks jcue and Chief for your help and feedback!