Home ShaderMap Legacy

Opening .TIF Files

hi, i can not open tif files, whenever i drag&drop or load a tif SM2 crashes. there is no message or anything, it just closes:/

if you need a specific image that causes such a crash let me know.

Comments

• It could be that the TIFF is using an unsupported compression. Currently only LZW is supported (ZIP and JPEG are not).
  • ah ok, good to know. i just checked what compression blender uses and its set to "deflate". i changed it to LZW and its working fine. i will try to get some options into blender to change export compression.
  • hey im using tiff with lzw and it still crashes .its a 4096*4096 tiff lzw compression , could you help :(
    RSI wrote:
    It could be that the TIFF is using an unsupported compression. Currently only LZW is supported (ZIP and JPEG are not).
    im using 32 bit and just did a test and saved it to 16 and it works
    but please dont tell me its only 16 app
  • adam wrote:
    im using 32 bit and just did a test and saved it to 16 and it works
    but please dont tell me its only 16 app

I'll get back to you on this. Will need to run some tests using 32bit Tiffs.
  • It looks like the loader we are using in version 2 does not support 32 bit TIF images. We are planning to add support (up to 16 bit) for OpenEXR later in ShaderMap version 2 though full support of 32 bit floating point / integers will not become available until SM3. I may attempt to update the TIF loaded myself once 32 bit is supported.
  • Hi Neil,

How's this aspect coming? I've noticed that in ShaderMap v2.0.72, the filtered Open list isn't displaying .exr.

Is 32-bit support still slated for SM3?
    kromar wrote:
    ah ok, good to know. i just checked what compression blender uses and its set to "deflate". i changed it to LZW and its working fine. i will try to get some options into blender to change export compression.

Hi Kromar - where did you find that setting? FWIW, I'm running Blender v2.67
  • Kelly wrote:
    How's this aspect coming? I've noticed that in ShaderMap v2.0.72, the filtered Open list isn't displaying .exr.

Is 32-bit support still slated for SM3?

I don't expect to add EXR support until 2.2.

Yes some form of 32 bit support will be added in SM3. The design docs haven't changed, it's just taken longer to implement 2.1 than intended.