Home ShaderMap Legacy

(Fixed) Crash After Loading Project

i continue here with the crash report so i dont spam any other threads.

@RSI:
Are you receiving any errors? If so what are they? And if not could you possibly look in the log files when a crash happens? They are lacated at: "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\SM2\log\"

EDIT: This may be caused by a crash bug I just found. It relates to the brush / material grid positions not being saved. I have fixed it and it will be released in the next version.

i dont get any errors, SM2 just closes.
but i it only happens when i click with the left mouse button on top of the 3d model (as if rotating) then it crashes. if i do not click on the model i can rotate and do everything without a crash.

there are a lot of log files but some are empty and most just contain this information:
SHADERMAP 2 LOG FILE (2012.10.09.[08.57.09.739])
[BEGIN]

[BEGIN TRACE] "Application Initialization" - wWinMain() shadermap.cpp:175
		[BEGIN TRACE] "Create Application Window" - wWinMain() shadermap.cpp:204
		[END TRACE: SUCCESS]
		[BEGIN TRACE] "Initialize Direct3D" - wWinMain() shadermap.cpp:248
		[BEGIN TRACE] "Initialize Resources Pre-Splash" - wWinMain() shadermap.cpp:276
		[BEGIN TRACE] "Initialize Splash" - wWinMain() shadermap.cpp:299
		[BEGIN TRACE] "Initialize Material Plugins" - wWinMain() shadermap.cpp:444
		[BEGIN TRACE] "Initialize Resources Post-Splash" - wWinMain() shadermap.cpp:472
		[BEGIN TRACE] "Initialize Geometry Plugins" - wWinMain() shadermap.cpp:505
		[BEGIN TRACE] "Initialize Map Plugins" - wWinMain() shadermap.cpp:539
	[BEGIN TRACE] "Application Running" - wWinMain() shadermap.cpp:711

[END]
SHADERMAP 2 LOG FILE (2012.10.09.[08.57.23.793])

doesnt look like its catching any error there.

i hope this helps to reproduce and hopefully fix this issue.

Comments

• kromar wrote:
    i dont get any errors, SM2 just closes.
    but i it only happens when i click with the left mouse button on top of the 3d model (as if rotating) then it crashes. if i do not click on the model i can rotate and do everything without a crash.

i hope this helps to reproduce and hopefully fix this issue.

Hi Kromar,

What model are you left clicking on? How are you able to rotate the model without using left click?

Can you please list the steps to reproduce the error, if possible?

Example:

1. Open ShaderMap
    2. Load image as Diffuse Source
    3. Import custom model
    4. Apply material to custom model
    5. Save project.
    6. Load project.
    7. Click on model
    8. Crash

Or something like that. Thanks.
  • as mentioned it only crashes when the mouse cursor is "over" the model. there is still enough space around the model where i can navigate.
    i use a custom model and it only happens when i load it from a saved project.

here a screenshot to make it a bit more obvious about where it crashes when clicking.
    red = crash
    green = no crash

25oyixg.jpg

your example are exactly the steps to reproduce the crash (at least on my system)
  • kromar wrote:
    as mentioned it only crashes when the mouse cursor is "over" the model. there is still enough space around the model where i can navigate.
    i use a custom model and it only happens when i load it from a saved project.

your example are exactly the steps to reproduce the crash (at least on my system)

I was able to replicate the bug by adding two models then deleting the first before saving.

Thank you very much for your help! :)
  • I found the error and fixed it. It was missing an attribute sort when loading models with multiple subsets from project file. This caused the mouse-to-mesh intersection to fail.

You can log in and re-download 2.0.7. http://shadermap.com/downloads/

Thanks again for your assistance with tracking down this bug.

Best regards,
    Neil
  • wohoo that was fast, thanks a lot:D i will test this right away:D

EDIT: installed it over the old version and that still caused a crash. but i uninstalled SM2 and removed the "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\SM2\" folder and reinstalled SM2 again and now it doesnt crash anymore:D