Home ShaderMap Legacy

Suggestions Interface

Hey - love shadermap 2 ! Ty

Reset button for the maps would be cool

Here are some ideas of improvements - or some stuff which annoy me.

shadermap_1.jpg
shadermap_2.jpg
shadermap_3.jpg

Comments

• Thanks for your feedback. We will take your suggestions into consideration for future versions.
  • Neil,

I would like to suggest you keep the interface the same. I like it just the way it is.

The second pic does have some merit with regards to selection typing numbers opposed to adding numbers to back end of existing numbers, and then having to backup to delete previous unwanted numbers. An auto-select in box might work well here, but forces one to input entire desired number with no add-on capability. Win-win? Maybe single click to auto-select, and another single click to auto-deselect again, so one may add to existing number as well. Just a thought.

Regarding the Material Visualizer, if you change the tool selections from way down on the right to the tool bar on the left, those of us who use the MV as a separate window would have "a long way" to go to push those buttons. Maybe a good compromise would be to have them in both locations, or customizable tool location settings.

Take care...
    Ken
  • Hi,

spend some more time to shadermap - so in some points i'm overhasty couse my screenresoltion is high.

Hotkeys solve alot of time now! but "Map Setup" are not available to use it on the keymap.

@ Ken - Would be a great idea to autoselect the numbers.

thx -
    Mitch
  • I concur with the auto-selecting of numbers.

Click once to auto-select.
    Type to replace or right arrow to append or left arrow to prepend.
  • shirokuma wrote:
    I concur with the auto-selecting of numbers.

Click once to auto-select.
    Type to replace or right arrow to append or left arrow to prepend.

y - maybe its a different backround we come.
    XSI is auto
    Zbrush auto
    Maya - no auto
    Max - no auto

In my opinion autoselction will be better.