Home ShaderMap Legacy

Is there a way to switch your source map?

I am doing batch work and processing 20 textures into normal maps and I have loaded in a few obj files. Is there a way for me to swap the original source texture file with a new one and retain all of the imported Objs as well as keeping the shaders I have built? How do I go about doing this?

Comments

• Fabutan wrote:
    Is there a way for me to swap the original source texture file with a new one and retain all of the imported Objs as well as keeping the shaders I have built? How do I go about doing this?

With your project open, having a source map and maps generated from it, do the following:

1. Click the Advaced Map Setup button under the maps grid. Looks like an M in a box.

2. In the right listbox, select a source map type to add to the project, click the Arrow button to add the new source to the project. Locate the file and open it.

3. Still in the Map Setup, select any map that is a child of the original source map and drag the input marker from the old source to the new source map.

4. (Optional) Once all children maps are using the new source map, click the X button on the old source map to remove it from the project.

5. Accept changes to begin map processing.