Home ShaderMap Legacy

July Update

Update 2.0.5 is coming in July. I've been busy programming the last couple of days and have made the following improvements.
  • Bug Fix: Blank brush when painting with normal map
  • Bug Fix: SM2 returns to smaller screen (if already at full screen) when returning from external editor change.
  • Bug Fix: OBJ import not working on newer Max export versions.
  • OBJ imports quads now.
  • Brightened the external visualizer button.
  • Dimmed the scroll arrows when no bar.
  • Remember view state when returning from map setup and normal editing.
  • Directory continuation when setting up editors in the options.
  • Source Map Changes:
    • Lock/unlock source map
    • External edit source - works just like regular maps now. Changes saved in project file.
    • Save source map
    • Normal edit source normals
  • Optimized CPU/GPU by controlling frame rates in low, mid, or high speeds based on animations and user input.

Here are the new features I still have to implement:
  • Auto file export setup of all default maps. Just click the save all button.
  • Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
  • Select default matviz geometry in options.
  • Support page in SM2 - News/Twitter feeds + link to manual. Stay informed about recent changes without leaving the app.

That's what you can expect in the July update. I expect it to be released late next week. SM2 customers will receive an email when it's available.

Comments

• Looking good Neil!

My favorite apps. are the ones that the developer(s) is active on the forums and one can check in and see the program advance. Programs like 3D-Coat, World Machine, and Terragen are good examples, and SM2 seems to be a perfect for each of them.
  • jaf wrote:
    Looking good Neil!

My favorite apps. are the ones that the developer(s) is active on the forums and one can check in and see the program advance. Programs like 3D-Coat, World Machine, and Terragen are good examples, and SM2 seems to be a perfect for each of them.

Those are all great apps. I read a book called The Thank You Economy, I want to make sure my customers are happy and also realize I want them to succeed.

A late night thank you,
    Neil