Home ShaderMap 4

ShaderMap 4 is Here!

The wait is over...

ShaderMap 4 (SM4) is now available for download and free for non commercial use!

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• RSI wrote:
    The wait is over...

ShaderMap 4 (SM4) is now available for download and free for non commercial use!

Let me know what you think!

Great, looking forward to testing the upgrade. I have tried loading a big color image tif file (40MB) and on the normal map tried to invert it but it wouldn't work, or regenerate. But if I do it on a smaller image file, and jpg about 5MB it worked fine. Is it the map render time preventing a larger tif inverting or am I getting a unseen issue ? Or do I need to wait for it to re-render. Can you check it please. 

Looking forward to testing the 4way normal map template. The normal looks much better. Is there a SDK code/script option to change or adapt the 4way normal map template to accept 8/16/32 incoming image maps ? As I have a new desktop image capture device that could work with shadermap 4.0, But I would want it to load in the images by batch direct from the image folder bucket into the right slots.

Well done - and great piece of software.
  • [size=small]Great, looking forward to testing the upgrade. I have tried loading a big color image tif file (40MB) and on the normal map tried to invert it but it wouldn't work, or regenerate. But if I do it on a smaller image file, and jpg about 5MB it worked fine. Is it the map render time preventing a larger tif inverting or am I getting a unseen issue ? Or do I need to wait for it to re-render. Can you check it please. [/size]

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure what is causing this but have it on the bug list. Thanks.
    [size=small]Looking forward to testing the 4way normal map template. The normal looks much better. Is there a SDK code/script option to change or adapt the 4way normal map template to accept 8/16/32 incoming image maps ? As I have a new desktop image capture device that could work with shadermap 4.0, But I would want it to load in the images by batch direct from the image folder bucket into the right slots.[/size]

Currently only supporting 4 source maps for this method of normal generation. Though I would love to add additional map inputs. Adding it to the list. I would love if you could share some source images to develop with.
    As for batch processing multiple source images. That is a feature that is top of the list. Most likely this will be done via a script. I expect this to be added in the next couple of weeks.