Home ShaderMap Legacy

Crashing, Whats the Maximum Texture Size?

Hi.
I'm evaluating Shadermap (3.0.5 Demo) and so far I have not managed to load any 8k textures as program crashes when I try to load one.

I'm running Windows 7 and have 32Gb RAM 4Gb VRAM and Shadermap was only program running.

Found this in eventlog if it helps in any way:

Faulting application name: ShaderMapDemo.exe, version: 3.0.5.0, time stamp: 0x55f1f743
Faulting module name: DevIL.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x533ddbcd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000545c
Faulting process id: 0x18c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0fad914d0a0b1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ShaderMap 3 DEMO\bin\ShaderMapDemo.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ShaderMap 3 DEMO\bin\DevIL.dll
Report Id: 85f8d945-66cc-11e5-8167-005056c00008

Comments

• My mistake.
    I managed to try load one of my 10k textures.
    Thats a bit of an odd size so I have no problem with that not working.
    Rezised it to 8k and it works fine.
  • Thanks for the feedback. My question is:

1. What image file format was the 10K image in?

It looks like the crash is happening in the image loader - it may be specific to the file format. There should be no limitations (given enough RAM) once the image is loaded into the ShaderMap image processing library.
  • RSI wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback. My question is:

1. What image file format was the 10K image in?

It looks like the crash is happening in the image loader - it may be specific to the file format. There should be no limitations (given enough RAM) once the image is loaded into the ShaderMap image processing library.

It was a jpg.
    As the 8k version worked fine I suspected  that it was a matter of size.
    But, it could also be that the 10k jpg (created in a c# app that I wrote myself) has some odd properties or something.
    It opens fine in all other apps so nothing mayor wrong with it (if anything at all) but just to be clear, the 8k image was rescaled and resaved from Photoshop.

If you want to investigate into it, I could send you the 10k file.