Home ShaderMap Legacy

Real time example

Sorry for the dumb beginners question.

I bought this programme about a week ago, after looking at a tutorial by Andrew Price on The Secrets of Realistic Texturing in Blender in which he uses a programme called Crazybump, I found this programme at a third of the price and looks like it does the same thing. I have looked at the documents and tried to find tutorials on a real time example of bringing in an image using Shadermap and then texturing a model with the end results.

I am currently using trueSpace 7.6

I hope this makes sense

Any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• philem wrote:
    I have looked at the documents and tried to find tutorials on a real time example of bringing in an image using Shadermap and then texturing a model with the end results.

I am currently using trueSpace 7.6

Bringing a normal map (and other maps) into 3d software will vary from app to app. I am unfamiliar with using TrueSpace.

I did find these steps listed on a TrueSpace forum for importing a normal map:
    Here are the steps I take:
    start with the blank DX material from materials - DX9
    edit the material editor
    open the shaders - normal shaders library
    drag the normalmapshader in
    hook it up to norma_shader input of the material node
    ctrl-click on the normalmap image to load your image

This was taken from the following page: http://www.united3dartists.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=545
  • Thanks RSI
    On my way now to look at that topic and will follow your steps and try some texturing..