Home ShaderMap Legacy

Tile Scale Sliders for Tile Options in Source Images

Having sliders to adjust the scaling for Tile X, Y, XY would be useful in the source maps.

Comments

• GregD3 wrote:
    Having sliders to adjust the scaling for Tile X, Y, XY would be useful in the source maps.

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently each source map requires the user to define if a source map is tileable or not. SM2 processes the source map differently when tileable.

By scaling do you mean adding sliders to tile the source map on X and Y directions?

In a future release we will be adding filters that can be applied to any map. A tile engine will be one of such filters.
  • Yes that is what I meant.
    Filters sound great (Hue & Sat, Levels, Curves, etc.?), I look forward to it!

Talking about filters, would you consider a Photoshop-like High Pass filter?
    It seems to work well to create displacement maps from images (desaturated first).
  • GregD3 wrote:
    Yes that is what I meant.
    Filters sound great (Hue & Sat, Levels, Curves, etc.?), I look forward to it!

Talking about filters, would you consider a Photoshop-like High Pass filter?
    It seems to work well to create displacement maps from images (desaturated first).

I considered any replication of Photoshop-features a waste of developer-time. Already now it takes exactly one click to get transferred to the favorite image-editor. Do your stuff there, press save and the result automatically gets reloaded.

I think time is better spent on editing-tools specific to map-creation which aren't found in PS and similar.