Home ShaderMap Legacy

Unity 5

[size=large]Is there any way this newbie could get a tutorial on how to use SM3 with the new Unity 5 Shader system? I'd like to know what to do after I drop a color texture onto SM3 to get the appropriate textures for both the Standard (metallic) and Standard Specular materials.[/size]

Comments

• [size=large]Is there any way this newbie could get a tutorial on how to use SM3 with the new Unity 5 Shader system? I'd like to know what to do after I drop a color texture onto SM3 to get the appropriate textures for both the Standard (metallic) and Standard Specular materials.[/size]

I would be interested as well if anyone who uses Unity 5 would like to share their thoughts.
  • As far as I can see, Shadermap3 currently doesn't support the textures needed for PBR setup, namely the Standard Specular and the Standard Metallic.

In Unity 5, the metallic texture is comprised of 2 channels, blue channel for defining metallic areas and their reflectiveness, alpha channel for defining glossiness/roughness.

The specular setup used in unity 5 is different, in that it takes a colormap to define the color of reflection and an alpha channel to define the specularity of different parts (The alpha channel being pretty similar to the normal "old" specular approach).

I've obviously just joined, but this could be a rabbit hole to dive into, as it kinda brings a bunch of prerequisites with it, like a viewport that supports reflection, HDR (Probably) and has PBL implementation. On the other hand, there doesn't really exist any affordable hobbyist solution that I know of, for creating these types of textures. Unless it's a subscription based model which to me is not that interesting.