Home ShaderMap 4

PBR with UE4?

Does any happen to know how well the new PBR thing works with UE4?

Comments

• Hi Skywolf,

My name is Neil, hi! I develop ShaderMap and run customer support. Thanks for being a supporter of ShaderMap.

If UE4 supports a PBR work flow then I'm sure you can import the albedo, roughness, and metalness into the engine. Given that these maps are fairly linear I would imagine that if anything you only might need to invert (negative) some of the maps to get them to work on any platform. Metalness and Roughness work in ShaderMap where darker pixels are less metal and less rough, lighter pixels are more metal and more rough.

Here is their documentation on UE4's PBR material - https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Rendering/Materials/PhysicallyBased
  • Ah okay, I'm happy to know you're still around. Thanks so much for the help, yes it supports PBR, I just wasn't too sure how this would work with the PBR thing you just added to ShaderMap. I'm still learning the pbr workflow stuff with blender as well and I will take a look at it.
  • Take care and feel free to post here if you have any suggestions, comments, or need help. 

Kind regards,
    Neil