Home ShaderMap Legacy

3DSmax Design 2013

Hi all,

I bought ShaderMap today, excellent program.

I just wanted to ask what is the best way to translate my saved textures into 3DSmax 2013?

I use Arch&Design Materials exclusively and render with iRay.

I have included a screenshot of a typical Arch&Design material shader rollout with this post.

Screenshot_01.jpg

I would love to see a future feature to be able to export a single .mat (3DSmax Material Library) from ShaderMap, that way it would translate the sliders settings to numerical parameter amounts in Max.

btw, I have only exported 5 slots from ShaderMap as you can see in the screengrab. I would be interested to know if there are any further maps I could export from ShaderMap that might be handy to use in other Arch&Design material NodeSlots?

Comments

• Darawork wrote:
    I just wanted to ask what is the best way to translate my saved textures into 3DSmax 2013?

I'm not sure - I do not use Arch&Design. I was hoping someone else can answer this for you. Anyone?
    Darawork wrote:
    I would love to see a future feature to be able to export a single .mat (3DSmax Material Library) from ShaderMap, that way it would translate the sliders settings to numerical parameter amounts in Max.

This would be an awesome addition, I agree. I did a search for the 3ds .mat file format but was unable to find any resources for saving/loading. My guess is that it is a proprietary format without open documentation. Can anyone confirm this?