Home ShaderMap Legacy

DirectX 9c is Required...

Hi there, while trying to install ShaderMap 2 on my Windows 7 machine, I am not able to get past the final requirement to install DirectX 9c because my machine is permanently quarantined from the web.

My online Windows 8 machine is fine so I can use ShaderMap there but would like to have it working on my Win 7 studio machine too.

I looked into downloading DirectX 9c from Microsoft but there seemed to be no offline install available and I was unnerved by notes about DirectX being unremovable once installed.

My Win 7 machine already has DirectX 10 or later.

Any suggestions how I can solve this problem will be much appreciated.

Thanks, best
Stephen Norrington

Comments

• Hi Artproject,
    Artproject wrote:
    I looked into downloading DirectX 9c from Microsoft but there seemed to be no offline install available and I was unnerved by notes about DirectX being unremovable once installed.

ShaderMap uses DirectX 9C (August 2009) version.

You can download the offline installer here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6883

DirectX 9C does not need to be uninstalled and will not interfere with other versions of DirectX 9, 10, or 11. The above installer simply installs version specific DLL files required for programs using the August 2009 version of DirectX 9C.

Regards,
    Neil
  • Thanks, much appreciated, downloading from MS now and will install tomorrow - thanks also for the great software - I'm an indie VFX artist using Blender to create sets and props - ShaderMap has been invaluable - cheers, Stephen
  • Hi Neil,

I'm installing ShaderMap 2 plus DirectX 9c on my Win 7 machine this morning - DirectX installer asks me to "type the location where you want to place the extracted files"

Am I correct in specifying "C:\Windows\System32"? Are there any other details I should know?

Thanks, best,
    Stephen Norrington