Home ShaderMap Legacy

External Editor

I just upgraded from version 1 to 2. I had tried the demo and then uninstalled it before installing the paid upgrade.

I noticed the settings, like the external editor were still present in the paid version (from the demo.) When I try to use and external editor it comes up with "Microsoft Photo Editor" instead of Photoshop CS3 (the entered path is correct.)

I'm running the x64 version of SMP2 under xp x64. Is there a configuration file I need to delete (maybe residue from the demo install where I entered the same CS3 info?

Comments

• jaf wrote:
    I'm running the x64 version of SMP2 under xp x64. Is there a configuration file I need to delete (maybe residue from the demo install where I entered the same CS3 info?

You can delete the options.xml file located at:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\SM2\options.xml

That will reset everything to default.

_Neil
  • RSI wrote:
    jaf wrote:

You can delete the options.xml file located at:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\SM2\options.xml

That will reset everything to default.

_Neil

My mistake. I hadn't changed all of the different external editor choices and was expecting the first "Normal Map" to be the correct choice. Of course I should have set up "Normal (Disp)". Works fine now that I was more observant.

Thanks!

[edit] Almost forgot.... Could you make it so when you edit the path to the external editor, that path would be saved so entering the editor for the next item would point to the same folder? Now, when I migrate to "c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop cs3", when I make the selection (Photoshop.exe) and then try to set up the next image type, the program defaults back to "c:\Program Files" instead of "c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\". Not a big deal though.
  • jaf wrote:
    [edit] Almost forgot.... Could you make it so when you edit the path to the external editor, that path would be saved so entering the editor for the next item would point to the same folder?

I can. Path management is important to me too. Adding it to the list :cool: