Home ShaderMap 4

How Much Polygons Support?

Hello, everyone, i recently bought the ShaderMap and i having some issues importing high density models.
That will be nice know about how much polycount i can handle to focus my decimation to acchieve that quantity..
My meshes still not loading (The highpoly ones) .

Comments

• First, thanks for using ShaderMap and welcome to the forums.

The only limitation should be the amount of memory you have in the computer. ShaderMap uses the AutoDesk SDK to load all models. I wonder what file format you are importing your models with? OBJ is very slow to load. I would recommend using FBX for your models, it is binary and thus loads really fast.

1. What are the polygon counts that you are having trouble with?
    2. What file format are you using?
    3. Are you getting any errors? If so what do they say?

Neil
  • RSI wrote:
    First, thanks for using ShaderMap and welcome to the forums.

The only limitation should be the amount of memory you have in the computer. ShaderMap uses the AutoDesk SDK to load all models. I wonder what file format you are importing your models with? OBJ is very slow to load. I would recommend using FBX for your models, it is binary and thus loads really fast.

Neil

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the late.
    I was using .obj,  i changed to fbx and all got better!!
    Also thanks for the fast reply..
    Just another question, have any channel on youtube about using the tool? That will be nice :)
  • Mspalante wrote:
    RSI wrote:
    First, thanks for using ShaderMap and welcome to the forums.

Neil

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the late.
    I was using .obj,  i changed to fbx and all got better!!
    Also thanks for the fast reply..
    Just another question, have any channel on youtube about using the tool? That will be nice :)

Yep, our channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/RSI3D

I really need to get some more videos posted. Glad you got your models loading.

Best,
    Neil