Home ShaderMap Legacy

OpenGL Option?

I was wondering if there is a way to change from DirectX to OpenGL rendering, because the program uses DirectX and the game engine I use needs Normal Maps in OpenGL format. I can do it by hand in Photoshop, but it's just an extra step I'm hoping to avoid.

Comments

• By default ShaderMap generates normal maps in the common tangent space coordinate system. You can change this by following these steps:

1. Select the generated Normal Map in the Project Grid.

2. Under the Project Grid are the Map's properties. Click the Coord System: [XYZ] button. This will bring up the Coordinate System Setup dialog.

3. You can modify the coordinate system by selecting which direction is + (positive) for each axis. Example: If you want Y to be positive in the Up direction then click the checkbox at the top of the Y axis and Y - will turn into Y +.

4. Press the Accept button to apply changes to the Normal Map.

Determine which coordinate system is required by your rendering platform and go from there.

If you want to modify the default coordinate system so you don't constantly have to change the map properties, go to: Options & Settings -> Maps / Project -> Default Normal Map Coord System [XYZ] button.