Home ShaderMap Legacy

3D Model Import

hey, love the program just updated from version 1.3.1. I'm still learning the new features. My only grievance would be that 3D models are only displayed properly if they are triangulated. I've been hoping for quadrangulated model support since the first version. I'm still hoping you guys are planning on adding that feature, because it would definitely speed up my workflow if I could keep a model "as is" between all my software applications. Instead of going back into my 3D modeling app, triangulating it, then exporting again. just seems unnecessary.

thanks,

SuspectLogic

Comments

• I've been hoping for quadrangulated model support since the first version. I'm still hoping you guys are planning on adding that feature, because it would definitely speed up my workflow...

Thanks for your feedback. We are still planning on adding this feature. Since it was promised long ago, I'll move it to the top of my list.

Regards,
    Neil
  • I have attached the BETA OBJ import plugin for SM2 as a zip file. Download it and following the included instructions for installing either x86 or x64.

This version supports quads. Though it has only been tested with 3ds Max export.

Let me know how it works. If everything works okay, I'll include it in the next release. If not, I'll try again. ;)

Regards,
    Neil
  • RSI wrote:
    I have attached the BETA OBJ import plugin for SM2 as a zip file. Download it and following the included instructions for installing either x86 or x64.

This version supports quads. Though it has only been tested with 3ds Max export.

Let me know how it works. If everything works okay, I'll include it in the next release. If not, I'll try again. ;)

Regards,
    Neil

the plugin works great. I've tested it with several models exported from Maya.

thanks, you guys rock!

-SuspectLogic
  • Great news! Thanks for testing. It will be released for everyone in the next service update.