Home ShaderMap Legacy

File Format with Advanced Setup

I have ShaderMap 2.1.1 and it is a fantastic program.

However there seems to be an issue with file formats in some cases:

* Force 16-bit maps is in effect
* All save formats are PNG 16 RGBA

When using advanced map set up and trying to save the normal map from a map 16 bit: Normal (Disp) tile, the format is incorrectly set to 8-bit PNG, if you change to another folder as part of the save.
If you do not change folder and just type in a filename, then the file type is set correctly to PNG 16-bit.

EDIT: The above descriped behaviour also applies to other map types like map 16 bit: Specular (Disp).

Also noting that it would be good, if Shadermap could remember last used directory inside a project when saving, since this would mean a lot less typing in most cases.

Looking forward SM 3 :)

Comments

• sigstan wrote:
    There seems to be an issue with file formats in some cases:

* Force 16-bit maps is in effect
    * All save formats are PNG 16 RGBA

When using advanced map set up and trying to save the normal map from a map 16 bit: Normal (Disp) tile, the format is incorrectly set to 8-bit PNG, if you change to another folder as part of the save.
    If you do not change folder and just type in a filename, then the file type is set correctly to PNG 16-bit.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll look into why it is happening.
    sigstan wrote:
    Looking forward SM 3 :)

Me too. Actually the 'Force 16 Bit Maps' option has been removed from SM3. All internal storage and processing of maps is now done in 32 bit floating point.
  • Just a follow up - this problem has been fixed in SM3. There was an unhandled case when "All Files" is selected in the save dialog and no extension was set to the file name. It now defaults to the master save format, else individual assigned save format, else plugin default save format.

I have added to my TODO list: Storing last save and load directories to the project file.

Thanks again,
    _NEil
  • RSI wrote:
    Just a follow up - this problem has been fixed in SM3.

I have added to my TODO list: Storing last save and load directories to the project file.

Fantastic! - Thanks.