ShaderMap 4.3.2 Dev

RSIRSI
edited August 19 in ShaderMap Development

The main focus of 4.3.2 will be scaling. UHD (4K+) monitors need support and they are going to get it. My plan is to create an option for scaling the interface by 150% and 200%. This option will probably only be available on monitors with greater than HD resolution (1920 x 1080).

To do this I'm going to create a scale factor in every control in the ShaderMap interface. For the first release, all interface graphics are simply going to be stretched up. In a future release I'll update all of the interface icons to SVG so they can scale up and look crispy.

There are a lot of custom controls in the SM interface so this could take some time. I'll post here as I make progress. Your thoughts and suggestions are always welcome.

_NEil

--

Update 2019-08-12

• Added two new options to the Environment Settings in the Options interface. Allows user to set individual scaling of the Main Window and the External Material Visualizer Window (EMV). Levels are 100, 125, 150, 175, and 200% scaling.

• Created a custom font rendering class with UHD scaling built in. External material visualizer and main windows will each have their own font class so they can scale separately (ex. EMV is in on a UHD monitor and main window on an HD monitor).

--

Update 2019-08-14

• Removed the custom font rendering. It was not producing sharp results. Will be using the original font rendering system. In the process of adding UHD scaling to all controls.

--

Update 2019-08-19

• Finished integrating new default font. Fixed some colors and font rendering bugs in the Normal Editor. Next up, scaling each control.

--